Tariff and Visa
Explore Bhutan with Powo Tours and Treks to make jour journey a memorable one.
Tourist tariffs are set by the Royal Government through the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) and it is valid for all–inclusive packages.
Peak Season (March, April, May, September, October and November)
- USD 290 per person per night for 1 pax.
- USD 280 per person per night for 2 pax.
- USD 250 per person per night for 3 and above.
Low Season (January, February, June, July, August and December)
- USD 240 per person per night for 1 pax.
- USD 230 per person per night for 2 pax.
- USD 200 per person per night for 3 and above
The minimum daily rates are inclusive of following services:
- government’s royalty
- all transfers and sightseeing within Bhutan
- services of accompanied English speaking guide
- all meals
- pack animals on treks
- entrance fees to the monuments
For all those nationalities other than India, Bangladesh and Maldives require visa and it will only be issued to those tourists who have booked their trips to Bhutan with locally licensed tour operators either directly or through foreign travel agent. Tourist visa applications should to be submitted by a local licensed Bhutanese tour.
Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals can obtain a visa at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity (Indian nationals may also use their Voters Identity Card (VIC).
Once your trip is confirmed by making full payment, Pawo Tours and Treks will obtain your Bhutanese tourist visa. The following details are required for processing your Bhutan tourist visa prior to the date of your Bhutan travel.
- Scanned copy of passport
- Permanent address
Tourists are Kindly to note that without making full payment Tourism Council of Bhutan will not approve the Visa clearance. At the point of entry, you will be required to show copy of your visa clearance letter.
The visa will be approved by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment is transferred in the TCB’s account.
TCB package source: https://www.tourism.gov.bt/about–us/minimum–daily–package
Minimum Daily Package
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on this website. If your accommodation is not listed on this website, then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
Surcharges source: https://www.tourism.gov.bt/about–us/surcharges
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
Note: In a group of three persons, if one member is a child of 5 years and below, the group shall be treated as a FIT group of two persons and surcharge will be applicable.
Discounts source: https://www.tourism.gov.bt/about–us/discounts
- There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD 40 for children below the age of 5 years.
- Children between the ages of 5–12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- A GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A 50% DURATION DISCOUNT on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE shall be provided after 14th night.
- 100% SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE FREE ZONE DISCOUNT shall be provided on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE on first and/or last night for groups with night halt in Phuntsholing, Sarpang and Samdrup Jongkhar on arrival and/or departure
Please Note: Children below 5 years will not be eligible for GROUP SIZE DISCOUNTS, DURATION DISCOUNTS and SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FEE FREE ZONE DISCOUNT and All Children and Students will not be eligible for DURATION DISCOUNTS
- Bhutan VISA fee
- Sustainable development fee & taxes
- Dedicated English speaking tour guide
- Dedicated tour vehicle and driver
- 3-star accommodation (twin sharing)
- Daily 3 meals (B/L/D)
- Airport transfers
- Bottled water
- Entry fees to parks and monuments
- Flights to and from Bhutan
- Personal expense/shopping
- Beverages (soda/juice/alcohol)
- 4 or 5-star accommodation (extra charges will apply)
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and driver