Matsutake Mushroom Festival
- Genekha, Thimphu on 15th & 16th August,
- Ura, Bumthang on 23rd & 24th August
The Matsutake mushroom is mostly edible by the people, and a festival on Matsutake Mushroom is organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forest to promote the socio-economy for rural populace
Day 01: Welcome to the land of Thunder Dragon, Bhutan.
You will be landing at the Paro international airport, where you can see the spectacular glimpse of Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga, including Bhutan’s famous sacred Jomolhari and Jichu Drake. The landing in Paro through multi range of mountain could be one of the breathtakingly experiences, making it a perfect start of your journey.
Our guide will welcome you and drive to Bhutan’s capital city Thimphu. The drive will take one hour. In between the drive there will be a brief stopover at the two river meet point (chuzom), where the precise view is quite worth having a short moment. Again after a couple minutes of drive you will enter the beautiful capital city of Bhutan, Thimphu. In Thimphu, we will start with visit to the memorial chorten (stupa), one of the Bhutan’s most beautiful stupas build in memory of Our Third King Jigme Dorji Wanchuk who is famously known as “The Father of Modern Bhutan”. Later we will be stopping in the heart of the town, where you can see the typical architecture design in modern building and art of living of Bhutanese (people of Bhutan).
Overnight in hotel.
Day 02: Thimphu – Bumthang (272km, 5–8 hrs) – Mushroom Festival, Ura, Bumthang (Alternative Domestic flights are available but additional premium)
Early breakfast from the hotel, drive via Dochula Pass (3100m) short stopover at Dochula Pass there is 108 memorial chorten or stupas known as Druk Wangyel making a place delighted to stay for a while. The place becomes more pretty for the tourist when the eye catches one of the beautiful sights of the eastern Himalayan snow-capped ranges (6000m-7554m).
Continue journey passing the Wangduephodrang Dzong (1638) ruin and restoration works are construction, passing Pelela Pass (3310m) and decent to Rukubji valley and short stopover at giant Trongsa Dzong (fortress) built in 17th century.
Day 03: Bumthang – URA – Bumthang
Mushroom festival at Ura village, Bumthang, back to Bumthnag
Day 04: Bumthnag – Thimphu
Drive early arrives Thimphu, in the evening walked in the town visit crafts bazzar
Day 05: Thimphu – Paro (depart)
See off by our guide for your onward destination
3 persons & above
Low Season: Dec, Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul & Aug
Thank you & Tashi Delek
- Bhutan Government Royalty of US$ 65 per person per night.
- Bhutanese Tourist Visa fee of US$40 per person is charged (one time).
- FIT surcharges of US$40per person per night for a single person and US$30 per person per night for the two persons.
- Twin sharing hotel rooms at 3 star hotels.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & light refreshments) at 3-star hotels/tourist standard restaurants.
- English speaking tour guide service.
- All transfers and excursions by private vehicles.
- All entrance fees to museums and monuments.
- All internal taxes and fees.
- Mineral drinking water.
- Single room supplement of US$40/room/night during low season and US$ 50/room/night during high season (optional).
- Travel assurance (recommended).
- 4 star and 5-star accommodations and meals (optional).
- Other personal expenses like overseas calls, laundry, etc.